Acupuncture for Dogs, Cats & Small Animals
Acupuncture for dogs, cats and small animals involves the use of very fine needles to stimulate points along meridians that were discovered thousands of years ago in China. In order to achieve or maintain a healthful state, needles are used to correct imbalances in Yin, Yang, Qi and other elements in the body. While most Westerners are aware of the use of acupuncture to relieve pain, its applications (along with the use of herbs and certain foods) reach far beyond the relief of pain. Some common ailments that can be addressed using Traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture) include:
- Allergies, including itchy skin, ears, etc.
- Behavioral problems including fear aggression, OCD behaviors, and anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders including inflammatory bowel disease, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
- Renal failure, both acute and chronic
- Endocrine diseases including hypo- and hyperthyroidism and Cushing’s disease
- Auto-immune disorders
- Lyme Disease
- Arthritic pain and inflammation, including pre- and post-operative care
- Partial paralysis due to herniated discs
- Respiratory diseases including asthma and upper respiratory infections
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness and usefulness of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for your pet, please do not hesitate to call. We are happy to answer your calls over the phone.